Tuesday 14 September 2010

Make

Yellow plum and apple jam
A friend at work gave me a bag full of lovely ripe yellow plums. Although I love plums I didnt think I could eat them all so I decided to make a jam with some cooking apples. Jams are so easy to make and a lovely way to use fruits.  I only used apples, plums and sugar as both fruits are high in pectin which meant the jam set quickly after boiling. I used ...
1lb Yellow plums- remove stones
500g tart apples roughly chopped
400g sugar

Add the ingreditents to a pot/preserving pan and cook until boiling temperature. Boil for five minutes and then remove from the heat. Spoon into sterilised jars and seal.
Perfect for presents or to indulge on a coissant or toast anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you left me a comment so please do so here...