Tuesday 14 September 2010

Bake

Chocolate and marrow cake
I was kindly given a marrow from a colleague at work and after making marrow chutney I had some marrow left over. After looking for recipes I found a lovely recipe for courgette and chocolate cake and so decided to have a go replacing the courgette for my marrow. Sounds strange but it was tasty and went down well at work. All you need is...
170g Pain flour
1tsp Baking powder
30g Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp mixed spice
90ml Olive Oil
190g Light brown sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
250ml Marrow/courgette
70g hazelnuts or chopped nuts.

Set oven to 160C
Toast chopped nuts
Grate marrow in a jug
In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, coca, mixed spice and a pinch of salt.
Add the oil, eggs (beaten) and vanilla.
Fold in the marrow and finally fold in the toasted buts.
Add to a prepared and lined tin.
Cook for 40-50 minutes.
A great way to indulge and still get one of you five a day ! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you left me a comment so please do so here...