Tuesday 14 September 2010

Make

Marrow and apple chutney
I used the marrow that I was kindly given into a tasty chutney. Mixed with apples and spices and really gives that Autumnal taste. It was easy to make and a great way to prolong the life of the ingredients. All you need is...
3lb Marrow
1lb Onions
1lb Apples
1lb Sultanas
1 Pint malt vinegar
2lb Sugar- brown gives a nice rich colour
1tsp Ginger
3 tbsp Pickling spice ( I couldn't find this so used mixed spice, cumin, nutmeg,paprika etc)

Add all ingredients to a large pan and cook until the apple and marrow is tender but not too mushy. Make sure the vinegar has been soaked up by the ingredients. Spoon into sterilized jars and leave for around a month to mature. I cant wait to have it on my sandwiches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you left me a comment so please do so here...