Friday 10 June 2011

Make



After browsing the high street shops I decided I wanted a lovely vintage looking mirror for our bedroom. They were all so nice but also pricey. I decided to start hunting the local car boots and fairs to see if i could come across an old unwanted mirror that i could spruce up. After some hunting I cam across this little treasure. It was just the shape I wanted and had lovely simple decoration to it. Now all I needed to do was take it from its old gold days to a new off white with a vintage look. I set to sanding down the old paint and then painted a few layers of white primer paint.To add the finishing and vintage look I simply used brown boot polish with an old rag and rubbed the frame to give it that old look. I simply love it and it is now hanging pride of place in our bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you left me a comment so please do so here...