Friday 10 June 2011

Make

Every time we visit the coast I find myself collecting pieces of driftwood from the shoreline. I now have quite a collection so I thought I should set to making a few pieces for the home. I laid out all the pieces I had and out them in order of size. I then came across a small pieces of wood that reminded me of a sail/mast and here is how my idea started. I decided I would try and make a boat sculpture from the woods I had. With my glue gun and wood I started sticking pieces together. Glue guns are perfect for this work and really kept everything intact. To finish it off I used some used string from the garden to add detail to the sail/mast. It now sits in the living room and reminds us of our lovely holidays by the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you left me a comment so please do so here...