Saturday 1 May 2010

Bake


Treacle Flapjacks

I have been struggling to master the art of flapjacks- they may be the easiest things to bake but I kept on going wrong. My main issue was using the wrong size baking tray. Not one to give up I decided to continue until i succeeded. A friend at work gave me a recipe for some yummy treacle flapjacks and so I set to it. I was so happy that they actually worked out and my colleagues were happy to as they were able to sample the delights. Well worth a go. The recipe is easy:
250g butter
250 light brown sugar
175g black treacle
500g rolled oats- the smaller the better

Set oven to 180c
Add butter, sugar and treacle into a pan and melt on low heat
Pour mixture into oats and mix well
Tip mixture into a lined tin and press down well.
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes
Remove from oven and mark into fingers/squares
When cold cut or break along the marked lines


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you left me a comment so please do so here...