Sunday 8 January 2012

Bake

DSC05653 by milliemooshu2012
DSC05653, a photo by milliemooshu2012 on Flickr.
Homemade Christmas Cake
This ihas to be my most favourite thing about Christmas. About six to eight weeks before Christmas I go to the shops and load my trolly with currants, cherries, nuts and flour and set to baking the many Christmas cakes for our family. Its become a tradition for my Mum and me to bake these delicious fruit cakes jam packed with fruits and generously topped up with brandy. We give them as gifts and everyone loves them. Its a great Christmas gift idea and one thats happily recieved. I would share the recipe but its a family secret. Try Delia Smith's recipe for a close match.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you left me a comment so please do so here...