Tuesday 28 June 2011

Sew

A colleague at work had purchased some beautifully printed fabric and wanted cushions for her son's bedroom. Luckily for me she asked if I could possibly make the cushions from a few metres of fabric. I made two square cushions and one rectangular. I ensured that the cushions displayed the pattern repeat at least once and set to cutting out the required sizes. I used a zip fastening at the bottom edge of each cushion. Square cushions are simple enough to do and I find that using a zip fastening gives a great end result and not too tricky. The tip is to make sure you pin and then tack the zip in place before sewing. I handed over the three cushions and then had an order for two more. I loved this fabric so I ended up purchasing a few metres to and plan to sew up a nice patchwork throw for our lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you left me a comment so please do so here...