Sunday 6 February 2011

Create



I had a great order come in for a bespoke Gothic inspired silk scarf. My client decided to go for the grande size which is so versatile and can be worn as a scarf or shawl. I had previously painted a Gothic inspired scarf for her daughter so I decided to adapt the design a little so they had their own unique scarves. The colour palette was to be blacks,crimsons and I also added purple tones too. I love painting vintage cabbage roses and the crimson colour worked so well that it gave the flower the Gothic touch. After looking at rose tattoos for inspiration I cam across a beautiful swallow design and wanted to incorporate it within the deign. To make the scarf a personal piece and included my clients initials and finished off the edges by sewing vintage black lace. I love the piece myself and I have a happy client too. It was great to use darker colours and has really inspired me to do more in this colour range and look to traditional tattoos for more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you left me a comment so please do so here...