Sunday 30 May 2010

Bake


World Cup Cakes
My hubby has football fever and is counting down the days until the big kick off. He is even organising a Subbuteo World Cup- don't ask!! So I thought I would be a good wifey and bake some cup cakes. I thought I'd better have a trial run before sending them over to the boys so I had a quick baking session yesterday afternoon. I chose a vanilla cupcake recipe and they were delicious....proof is that we don't have many left! Give the recipe a go.....
Cupcakes
113g unsalted butter- room temp makes it easier to mix
130g granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
195g Self raising flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
60ml milk
Butter cream frosting
230g Icing sugar
113 g unsalted butter- again better at room temp
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk

With an electric mixer beat butter, and sugar until soft and fluffy.
Add the eggs, one by one and then beat in the vanilla extract
With mixer on slow add the sifted flour, baking powder, alternating with the milk.
Evenly fill the muffin cases and bake for 18-20 mins until nicely brown.
Remove and cool.
To make the frosting use the electric mixer to beat butter until soft, add vanilla extract and the with mixer on slow speed gradually add the sifted icing sugar.
Add the milk and beat o high speed until light and fluffy.
Add a little more milk or icing sugar if required.
Decorate the cakes with the frosting using a knife or spatula and add decorations to your desire.
Happy baking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you left me a comment so please do so here...