For some reason I had lots of tomatoes in the fridge that needed using up, as much as I love them we couldnt eat them all in time so I made a yummy tomato chutney. It is so easy to make and so delicious.
Makes about 1.8kg
900 g tomatoes, (skin if using large tomatoes) I used cherry tomatoes
225g onions, chopped
225g caster suger
600ml malt vinegar
- Chop the tomatoes and place in preserving pan
- Add the raisins, onions and caster sugar
- Pour the vinegae into the pan and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 2 hours, uncovered until soft and thickened
- Transfer chutney to warmed,sterilized jars
- Top with waxed lids
- Store in cool,dark place and leave for one month to mature
- It will keep unopened for a year- if you can wait!!
- Once open keep in the fridge and enjoy with cheese's...yum!!